Welcome to the TinyML Community

Happy to see another Civil Engineer. I am also Civil Engineer now with 11 years of experience and having strong interest in Robotics and AI. I did programming with MATLAB, C, Assembly, JS, Python (Flask, Pandas), SQL etc. and now happy to work with TinyML. Planning to go for an MS program in Robotics as well.

Hello all,
My name is Stephen and I am thrilled to be a part of this community. I do not have a traditional background in this arena so I hope I am able to offer a different perspective on some of the topics we will encounter. I have done many things over the course of my life including running my own business, working on the board of a community focused non-profit organization and most recently I have been a professional magician working in a variety of venues here in the Los Angeles area.

It is in fact magic that brought me to TinyML. As you can imagine, the ability to create a device that is small enough to be hidden yet can respond to a key word (for example, “abracadabra”) would provide a significant technological advantage for a magician. However, now that I have learned more about the potential of TinyML, I am hooked on seeing what is really possible. I truly believe that this technology can help make the world a better place.

I hope to bring my ability to think laterally, my imagination, and my drive to bring ideas into reality to this community. I enjoy coding and working with hardware and I am very excited to have this opportunity to collaborate with the leaders in the field of TinyML.

In my spare time, I enjoy cooking, playing blues guitar, and supporting the Los Angeles sports teams. I can also show you the best card trick you have ever seen. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Stephen the Magician

Oh you are going to get a real kick out of the “Magic Wand” in Course 3.

Perhaps after finishing that, you will build your “abracadabra” TinyML app and share it with all of us :slight_smile: How awesome would that be? Gotta say, abracadabra is going to stick with me in my head, Stephen.

I would be very happy to share the “abracadabra” app, I think we could all use a magic word in our lives :grinning:

Hello, I am really happy to join this community!
This is Carlos, a Technical Project Manager at Bosch in Germany and PhD student in topics related to TinyML during the night. I am the founder and one of the organizers of the TinyML community in Germany (you can join us here)
Feel free to connect: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carloshvp

Welcome Carlos! That meetup activity is great, thanks for running such things. In fact, I work closely with the folks of the TinyML foundation and this effort is very much an aligned activity. We are all trying to help bootstrap various parts of the TinyML ecosystem, from bringing the industry together to creating resources for education etc. It is exciting to see where things are going.

Are you familiar with tinyMLPerf? It is a mlcommons.org benchmarking activity for TinyML Systems. It would be great to have Bosch take part in the upcoming call for submissions. Stay tuned for that. @cbanbury could you provide a link or two about it here?

Thanks Dr. @vjreddi for bringing this community together! I’m a cybersecurity consultant with a physical security background. I’m generally excited about ML in the field, as opposed to the datacenter. More specifically, I’m interested in how TinyML can be applied to a variety of security issues, both cyber and physical, and I’d like to connect with people who share that interest.

Hey hey, welcome! I’ve have several people ask me about cybersecurity and TinyML both in the course and outside. This seems like a great topic. The closest I’ve ever got to about this is looking into it is doing a survey with a colleague of mine, exploring deep reinforcement learning methods cybersecurity: [1906.05799] Deep Reinforcement Learning for Cyber Security. Won’t claim myself as a security expert though!

Maybe we should start a thread in the Projects category, as that will likely get the folks interested in this thread there. How does that sound @SecurityGuy? I’d love to learn what the community thinks about it myself!

1 Like

That would be awesome @vjreddi ! I started a bit broader (security in general):

Hi @vjreddi ,
Some months ago I read the paper “Benchmarking TinyML Systems: Challenges and Direction”. Now I see you are the second author :slight_smile: thanks for the hint, I will check it out!

Haha yea. Well, the paper was more of a means to bring the community together. At that time it was more of a concept, but since then we have new code etc. so things have progressed quite a bit since then. At one point, folks from Bosh, were attending the tinyMLPerf working group meetings. We can sync up on this more if you are interested.

Sure thing! TinyMLPerf is a suite of benchmarks for comparing machine learning inference performance on TinyML systems. The goal of the benchmark suite is to standardize workloads and allow organizations to demonstrate competitive performance by submitting community-verified results.

You can join the mailing list here
As Carlos mentioned our arxiv paper is here

Let me know if you have any questions! We’d love to have Bosch involved!

Hello TinyML community, extremely delighted to be part of this great community. While I was trying to get my hands dirty with ML & AI, I was not going in a streamlined direction. One fine day I registered to this course in edx and 20 years after my college days, I found a great teacher in the form of Dr. @vjreddi. His presentation, passion, and the positive ways with which TinyML can bring a reform in many sectors of eco system, ignited the passion in me to approach the space in a more systematic way. The immediate thoughts that came to my mind for the application of TinyML are providing support for physically challenged people and women security. I’ll come back to course 2 in couple days, once I’m solid with my foundations.

Hi Everyone, Excited to be here. :star_struck:

I’m Salman Faris from Kerala, India. working as a hardware R&D Space Manager here in Kochi and building maker community called makergram.com . I’m passionate about electronics and communication and excited about TinyML and Edge Computing.

I have experience in hardware prototyping and digital fabrication such as 3D Designing and printing, CNC machining, Laser cutting. I can also code and solder with different components and languages :wink:. I was planning to build usefull problem-solving products/solution in future using TinyML/Edge computing.

I hope I could meet and engage like-minded people in TinyML technologies and learn more. :hugs:

I hope you enjoy Course 2, we really had a lot of fun thinking about all the things to teach. As I always say in the course, our goal is to focus on end to end ML application design, not just model design … if we want to build applications, we must focus on the big picture that involves both AI and non-AI components.

Cheers, and have fun @Skorada and thank you very much for the kind words.

Olá.

My name is Nayari and I’m from Brazil. I’m a master’s student at Unesp university and my research is in the robotics field where I’m developing a framework with deep learning working with PyTorch. I also work as a coordinator in another university.
This course attracted me because of the many applications that this topic could bring in the IoT field, which I intend to continue my studies in the area. I think it is a rich course and will expand my knowledge.
I’m excited to be part of this community and take the course 3 :slight_smile:

Hi everyone! I’m Pete Warden, a software engineer at Google working on Tensorflow Micro, and it’s amazing to see so people from so many backgrounds interested in this area. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

Hi I am pradeep, the base work background is shop floor production supervisor.I am very much interested about predicting machine maintenance and quality prediction.After joining the class I come to know the application level of this field was very vast,now I was little bit dreamy and think every aspect of life merging with The tiny ml

Hello everyone, my name is Daniel , 43 years old entrepreneur in IOT. i Lead the SIGFOX network for LATAM.
I am very interested to use in conjunction TinyML & SIGFOX to bring ML to remote areas and LPWAN use cases where ML could output the interesting data that we could send vía SIGFOX in an Ultra Low Power manner.
very happy to be part of TinyML Community and share ideas.

Kind regards

Hi!
I’m from Greece. I am an electrical and computer engineer now working as a teacher in a vocational high school. My main subjects have to do with electronics, analog and digital, automatic control systems with PLC’s and sometimes computer science stuff like python programming.
In my spare time I like to learn new things, read books, doing some sports and spending time with my family.
The last few years I have gained experience in many microcontrollers through projects with students and alone. I’m also experienced in microwave circuit design which was my first area of expertise right after university.
I wanted to explore ML a few years now through all those courses in EDX and Coursera but never tried before. I found the idea of ML using Arduino very tempting and decided that it was about time to step in.
Joining the community I hope to get inspired, learn and communicate with like minded people from all over the world.
The sports I mentioned above are mostly running (5-10K) and cycling. The summer includes swimming as I’m living in a seaside town with beautiful beaches.
Happy to meet you all here!