Way to avoid low current shutoff

Hi,

Recently, I built a sort of framework to gather the data with BLE.
While we remotely collect the data, the power bank is required. The problem is that the power bank is shutoff due to low current. After that, BLE is disconnected

Is there any way to avoid to do this?
Thanks in advance.

Hi @chanseok,

It seems to be a quite common discussion topic, as it’s getting harder and harder to find a power bank without the auto shut-off. Here’s a discussion that you might find interesting:

and here’s one of the possible solutions:

In short, the way to avoid the shut-off would be to continuously draw some current, which on the other hand sort of defies the idea of a low power device… Another problem with various circuits that “keep the battery alive” is that the current threshold and time before going to sleep may vary between power banks. So I think your best bet is either to find a power bank without the shut-off, or use a LiPo battery with something like this: Adafruit LiIon/LiPoly Backpack Add-On for Pro Trinket/ItsyBitsy : ID 2124 : $4.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits - it says it’s for their Trinket board, but if you plug it in the breadboard you can connect it to whatever you need to.

4 Likes

Thanks for the comment. I’ll dig into it.

1 Like