Smart Plush Toy for Literacy

Hello Tiny ML Developers,

I am a Harvard alum and a BSEE and I received an invitation to pitch at Startup Weekend by the VP of Eng. at Fitbit. We pitched a Smart Plush Toy for Literacy and won. We are looking for interested developers that want to help us prototype a Tiny ML project using wake words to create fun and cool interactions for kids through our Smart Plush Toy. Visualize Amazon’s Alexa meets Walt Disney’s Pal Mickey.

We would love to not only explore English, and a large variety of English accents, but also other languages such as Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, and Portuguese. Earlier in my career I had the great opportunity to work as an Early Technical lead on Apple’s iPod and mobile business. Reach out if you are interested in this project, or want to chat about embedded or Tiny ML more generally. This is an amazing area, and I super excited that Professor Reddi is sharing this awesome content and forum with the community. The future is so going to bright with all of your great work!

Cheers,

Roger

1 Like

Hi Roger!

I am interested to help on your prototype. I am quite new in TinyML (I’ve just passed the 3rd certificate of the HarvardX Program) but I have a software developer background (C, C++, C#… and SQL Databases). I’m French but I also speak other languages. Can you tell us more about the skills you are looking for?
Thanks!

Mouna