TinyML edX course

Hi!

If you are taking the course as a professional certification then you should have course materials accessible to you for as long as you have an edX login.

Drop me a direct message otherwise. Happy to provide another suggestion.

1 Like

For a slightly less glamorous -but still fair- perspective, check out my brief review.

A bad review in my opinion. I believe the courses and instructors achieved in teaching all the tasks mentioned in the “What you will learn?” section here. About the pacing, Even I felt the pacing was a little slow and lectures were a little repetitive as I already completed my undergraduate but the spectrum of learners are unevenly distributed so I feel it was well-paced addressing language barrier, age barrier, etc. But I also understand where you are coming from since you are already well versed in Machine Learning and you are a doctorate.

Also couple of things you missed in the review

1. AMA session was held for the sole purpose of interacting with the learners and the second one is being held on April 13.
  2. Also course 4 is coming in the future and as mentioned by the instructors it will be about Advanced TInyML.

Personally, this course helped me tremendously in conversing with potential supervisors for my graduate studies.

3 Likes

Interesting

I don’t recall having contradicted any of your statements in my review.

Those were all covered in the short section entitled “The Good”. :wink:

And, partly, also in the TL;DR summary.

BUT, like so often, a lot has to do with expectations and interpretations.

I did have much higher expectations on course 3.

For points 2-5 on that “What you will learn?” list, I have no problem with the theory, but I definitely expected more challenging and hands-on practical sessions than simply changing a few variables in a notebook on Colab or pasting hexcode for models in the Arduino IDE

That said, I’m looking forward to a fourth course, if one is indeed in the works.

AND, I also learned heaps. I don’t think auditing these courses was a waste of time.

3 Likes

@tiny-ml Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. Your review is excellent! :+1:

I encourage all of us to be transparent and share feedback candidly. Constructive criticism, such as what @tiny-ml has provided, is always helpful. It is an opportunity to learn and do things better! I already see room for improvements in Course 4 through the lens of what @tiny-ml has shared.

@vineetrao25, thank you for your support. We appreciate it. As you correctly point out, reaching a broad audience is always challenging, especially given the breadth of experience and expertise. Everyone comes in with different expectations, and meeting those expectations is a tough challenge. We have folks who have never touched Colab/TF etc. We have folks who have ML background and are just curious about what’s special about TinyML, etc. So one can imagine the challenge of trying to meet the needs of a class that, as of today, stands at 35,000 learners.

These sorts of discussions are great to have. It’s how we get better. Push me to push you further; I love a good challenge. Let’s see what we can all do together.

:+1: again to @tiny-ml and @vineetrao25 for giving us an opportunity to have a constructive dialogue.

4 Likes

Hi could I know if and when this Program will repeat after Oct 27th?
I’ve finished the first course with a certificate and I am contemplating completing the 2nd course as well but I definitely won’t be able to finish the 3rd course before the 27th of Oct so my worry is I’ll finish 2 courses and not the get the professional certificate because the program won’t repeat.

All of the courses are self paced and so you can start them at any time! :slight_smile:

1 Like